We have teamed up with gas service engineers locally and nationally to provide comprehensive gas service designed to meet landlord’s responsibilities.

Why do you need one?

As a landlord, you are responsible for the gas safety of your tenants. You must ensure that all gas appliances are working correctly and safely.

Therefore, every rental property that has any sort of gas appliance, whether it be a gas boiler, gas hob or even a gas fire, requires a Gas Safety Certificate. These certificates can only be issued by a technician registered with the Gas Safe Register. All our engineers are registered with the Gas Safe Register.

The Gas Safe Register superseded CORGI (Council for Registered Gas Installers) as the sole legally recognised gas safety register in the UK on 1st April 2009. Gas Certificates are valid for a year from the date they are issued.

  • During inspection we will:
  • Ensure appliances are functioning correctly, and no carbon monoxide is being exhausted dangerously
  • Safety mechanisms are operating as expected
  • All ventilation paths are clear with no obstructions
  • Dangerous gases are being removed safely
  • Among various other inspections.

Once successfully complete your Gas Safety certificate will detail the following:

  • The address of the property we inspected
  • Any defects which have been identified and the action which has been taken
  • The registration number, name and signature of the engineer who performs the inspection
  • The name of the Landlord and their address
  • A description of each appliance/flue that has been inspected

If you are a landlord, you are held responsible by the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations of 1998 to ensure all gas appliances, flues and fittings in the property are deemed safe and working correctly. Poor maintenance and safety checks can result in extremely dangerous Carbon Monoxide being leaked. For example, if your flue is operating incorrectly it will not be efficiently removing the resulting gases from combustion.

As documented above, a Landlords Gas Safety check must be completed every 12 months. You must ensure maintenance and repairs of flues, pipework in the property and appliances. This only applies to appliances you supply to your tenant.

As a landlord, you must issue a copy to your tenant within a time frame of 28 days from the certificate being completed by a Gas SafeĀ® Register engineer.

  • Certified by only our registered Gas Safety Engineers
  • No hidden costs
  • 24 Hour Online Customer Portal